Hello all –

We have written such polished newsletters to you in the past but there is nothing polished about our life right now, so we just want to write a heartfelt letter to update you on where we are in our missionary journey.

We thought we had done everything we could to prepare to go, but realized we were still quite settled and comfortable. In September, we felt God saying that we were to take further steps, so Phillip will give notice at his job at this week’s end and continue to work at Cisco until November 2nd. We will also leave our apartment this week to rent two rooms from our dear friends Minh and Mai Huong Tran while we await our move to North Carolina. At this time, we will be financially dependent on the funds given to our Wycliffe ministry.

We made plans at the start of this journey to attend ICC (Intercultural Communications) training in mid-January 2013 for one month and then directly begin serving after that. So we are trusting and praying that by giving our undivided attention to partnership development and God moving mightily in the hearts of folks like you we will become fully funded by the end of December. This would allow us to drive out to North Carolina in the beginning of January as we had originally planned, attend the training, and stay to serve. We are excited by this prospect and are focused on faithfully taking each step that God is calling us to day by day.

We currently have pledges that meet 66% of our monthly budget. We need the remaining 34% of our monthly budget to be pledged by the end of December so that we can leave in January. For you who have been thinking of joining our team financially, please make your pledge now. It will help us in our planning to know of your intentions. We hope to stay in North Carolina after attending ICC in January 2013, instead of having to travel there for the training and then return to California to complete our partnership team.

Please be praying for our family as we undertake these many transitions to a new home, uncertain financial situation, intense partnership development, and hopefully a cross-country move in 3 months. Please e-mail us of your interest and desire to become a prayer partner with us, so you can receive more frequent and detailed prayer requests. We would be delighted to have you on our prayer team.

We are joyful in this process, knowing that God has guided us each step of the way and gives us the confidence to walk down this road. We proclaim Ephesians 3:20: “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen”. We know that God can do more than we are asking Him to do and that this is just the beginning of a journey with Wycliffe where He will be glorified as many around the world come to know Him by reading His word in their heart language. We would love to have you be a part of this journey with us.

Until all have His word,

Phillip & Melanie Shipley

Share →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Newsletter Signup

Newsletter Signup

Email Us: phillipandmelanie AT theshipleys DOT org
Partner With Us

Partner With Us

There are four different ways you can partner with us. Learn more.